Monday, February 5, 2018

Mining Guild Tie Fighters

I've been looking at a lot of re-painted Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures ships lately and I wanted to get in on the action. Rather than just doing a re-paint, I thought I'd take a couple of tie fighters and convert them to Mining Guild Tie Fighters. The modeling part of cutting out the panels and sanding them to shape was easy enough. The difficult part was re-painting them. I started with a white primer coat, followed by yellow shot through my airbrush. After that everything else was brushed on. Getting the frames of the solar panels was very challenging.











I finished these one at a time. The tie fighter on the left was washed after spraying the model with clear coat and letting it dry. The model on the right was washed over the matte color base coat. The left one has better panel definition while the right looks a bit more dirty. I think I like the left one more, but I'm happy with both. Lesson for future efforts. Do both the same way.




5 comments:

AdamC1776 said...

Very nice work AJ.

Lasgunpacker said...

Hey, those are really great. Nice way to add some variety to your table.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Thanks guys.

Scott MacPhee said...

Nice! Do you change their maneuver bands to reflect their decreased mobility?

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Possibly. There are a few 'upgrade' cards to this effect out there in the Internet world that are worth trying.