Monday, April 3, 2017

The Force Is Strong With This One

Last game night Ralph ran a Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game. Our club doesn't play a lot of Science Fiction, but who can resist pre-painted Star Wars miniatures that also have a fun rule set to play with? Not me, that's for sure.

Recently I've saved up a bit of 'mad money' income from my side-business selling R/C glider kits that I design and make. With the strong temptation of pre-painted miniatures, I hit up a couple large lots on Ebay and augmented that with a few singles auctions to fill out the lot. Above is my Rebel collection: 4 A-wing wings, 4 B-wings, 2 E-wings, 3 T65 X-wings, 4 T-70 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 2 T-95s, one YT-1200, one YT-2400 and one Arc-170.

 For the Empire, I have 8 Tie fighters, 2 Tie/FOs, 2 Tie interceptors, aTie Defender, a Tie advanced, a Tie Adv. Prototype, a Tie bomber, a Tie Striker and a Tie punisher.

Since we're playing for fun locally and not doing any 'official' tournaments, I was able to pick up many of these ships cheaply because they came without the upgrade cards that were originally packaged with them. For casual play I can use proxy prints of the cards. I doubt I'll ever play in any tournaments, so no worries on that.

No comments: