Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Greek Mercenaries

These are some Greek hoplites and cavalry that I recently purchased on Ebay and have based up for Hanibal at the Gates. The figures are a mix of lead and plastic figures from various manufacturers and feature very nicely hand painted shields. I've chosen to mix the lead and plastic figures evenly on each stand in order to give each unit a similar look as well as to spread out the lead figures to give each stand the right amount of weight. The cavalry was also included in the auction with the infantry and conveniently contained three figures which is just enough for a HATG battle cavalry stand. 

I'm still getting used to my new camera, but the photo below is getting closer to what I'd like future photos to look like. The key is getting the proper amount of light, wich I could only do by lifting up the stand with my hand. 




No comments: