Saturday, March 30, 2013

28mm Numidian Light Cavalry (2)

This is my second unit of Numidian Cavalry for our upcoming First Punic War campaign. These figures are the balance of two packs of Old Glory figures. When I was planning on painting up these figures I saw that they came ten figures to a bag. Ten figures makes five bases. Since Field of Glory allows either 4-base or 6-base units a second bag to make one unit of each size seemed the most efficient way to go.

These are painted similar to the first unit I painted so I wouldn't have to worry about mixing and matching particular bases with each other. I also opted to add a little more color to the tunics in these stands so when all of the bases are mixed there is plenty of variety. I chose to decorate the shields on these with red markings in contrast to the black markings on the shields of the first unit.










Here are all ten stands mixed together. They're quite a horde of light cavalry - ready to do battle.

2 comments:

DeanM said...

Really good looking unit! I will have to keep these in mind - as I need at least one Numidian cav unit for a WAB Carthaginian army. Best, Dean

Giles said...

Nice work, AJ. I like the idea of different shield markings for the two units - simple but effective and will no doubt save some confusion when both are in play.

Best wishes

Giles