Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Swarthy Crew

This is my first pirate crew for our upcoming club pirate game. Our shore party squads are 10 figure units, so I painted up 13 figures: Ten to go ashore and three to man the boat as a skeleton crew while it is at anchor. You might be taken aback by the gray bird on the first mate's shoulder. That's not a vulture, it's an African Gray parrot. I took these photos outside and the light was pretty harsh, so the shading on the figures doesn't really show up very well. Here's hoping I can get an overcast day later on so I can take some better photographs.




4 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Nice looking figures!

Ian said...

Nice lookig bag guys, I would not want them coming ashore!!

Ian

Unknown said...

What rules are you going to use for this pirate game? Always looking for a new pirate system; just have not found one that fits me just right.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

We're going to use a set of house rules one of our club members is writing. We'll let you know how they work after the game.