Friday, July 29, 2011

North Africa Campaign (2)

Last night I stopped by Adler hobby to drop off some laser-cut bases I made for Adam, pick up some unpainted, figures I bought from Keith and to pick up my copy of the Black Powder rulebook. While I was there I participated in another game in the North Africa campaign we're playing there. My contribution was my light armor squadron. Chris brought his infantry company which included three Matilda tanks and an eight gun artillery battery.

We deployed with Chris on the left facing Gordon's Italian armor swarm supported by some German Stug G tanks. Chris was reinforced with our firestorm unit - my Deacon 6-LB self-propelled ATGs. On the right my armor faced against Adam's Fallschirmjäger infantry rhich was reinforced by some 8-rad armored cars, mortars and an 88 which Adam placed opposite Chris' Matilda tanks.

Chris held off Gordon's tidal wave of light tanks although he lost the Decaons and an both infantry platoons, one of which got blown up in their trucks by Adam's Infantry. I lost one platoon of Crusader II tanks which got destroyed trying to assault Adam's panzerknacker-armed infantry. The Germans lost Adam's armored cars, two platoons of Gordon's tanks. By the time we called it my tanks had reached our objective and it was a matter of time before they would capture it. On the other side Gordon's assault faltered as he started to run out of tanks in the face of the nearly indestructible Matildas. It was a good game, and I finally got my first win with my British armor.




Chris finished up the guns for his 8-gun battery of British 25-lb artillery. While I was taking photos of it Chris asked me to snap a couple photos of his Matildas.


8 comments:

Adler Hobby & Board Game Cafe said...

Anyone reading this may like to know we set up a 6 foot across 8 foot long table to play on last night it was the best game yet with all that open desert to move in, Super fun! worth trying sometime !

AdamC1776 said...

Awsome board Gordon.

Great game all around!

crak said...

For the record, neither of the Polish rifle platoons quit the field, though severely depleted. :)

This giant table was excellent as was the terrain layout. There were a lot of choices to be made with wacky results like a couple german rifle stands turning a whole platoon of trucks and passengers into burning wreckage, or a tank battle on a fork where the italians didn't have any guns big enough to matter.

M14s roll a lot of dice!

Ray Rousell said...

Great looking game, fantastic terrain!

Rodger said...

Very nice game. The layout is fantastic.

Steven said...

wait wait wait! What firestorm rules are you using for this? The excellent one put together by Jokull? I'd love to get my mitts on a copy!

Also- stellar pictures. I love the desert war!

DeanM said...

Really nice terrain and models. Dean

king Eyes' said...

small world war tool i like it very much


Store of Mobile Phone

Movies