Saturday, April 23, 2011

Moroccan Roll!

Last night my friend Mike hosted a game at my house to play test a new  Vichy-French vs. Americans in Morocco WWII game using Battlefront rules. Mike was stationed near the battlefield during his military service and used to go to visit the battlefield locations. This is the first of three possible games modeled after the battles of this interesting small campaign in Morocco. The battle features a large force of Vichy French trying to break a rod block held by dug in American infantry reinforced by a couple of Stuart light tanks and off board naval bombardments.

The scenario is a very compelling one and Mike has some great campaign maps to add to the flavor of the campaign. Mike also has made up some awesome destroyed vehicle markers to represent the blocked line of sight of burning wrecks. He said they're very easy to make. I think I need to make some up for myself. Here's a great video showing how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2-2qL1_abI

Thanks for the great game Mike! I'm looking forward to the next one.



4 comments:

Adler Hobby & Board Game Cafe said...

Thankk for the invite I had a blast!

Beccas said...

Very cool. I like to see these battles against the Vichy.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

You've been nominated for a style award!!

Details here: http://steve-the-wargamer.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award-egad.html

Well done… :o))

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

WOW! Thanks Steve!