Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Blog Layout

I've modified the page layout of my blog by expanding the width an additional 100 pixels. If you notice anything looking strange, particularly the background of the main body of the blog, you can hold down the <shift> key while clicking reload/refresh on your browser. That will tell your browser to re-load all of the background texture images and should resolve any problems. If you have any trouble with the new layout, drop me a comment here and I'll look into resolving it.

Thanks,
AJ

7 comments:

Kevin Barrett said...

Oooo, I like it!

Kevin.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Excellent - that's the reason I'm using the Blogger "wide" templates - nothing like having the extra room to lay stuff out! How did you add the extra 100 pixels - I'm interested!

Giles said...

Works for me too. Nice move, AJ!

Best wishes

Giles

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

You have to edit the source for the template and modify the CSS. You also have to host the background images on your own web host and re-size them to the new sizes. I dind't know Blogger had 'wide' templates, they must be new since I set up this blog.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Yup - look for the templates with "stretch" in the title.. Thanks for the tips, I shall have to have a play...

Galpy said...

I've done as you asked for La Haye Sainte see what you think, can you read it clear enough

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Thanks Galpy!