Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Royal Deux-Ponts Infantry Regiment

This is another of the French Infantry units that I acquired, indirectly from my Uncle's collection. I believe this unit represents German soldiers in French service of the Royal Deux-Ponts Infantry regiment, which was French line regiment number 92, actually comprised of German soldiers raised by the duc de Deux-Ponts. These stands are comprised of only fusilier figures and would represent either the entire regiment, or just the four fusilier battalions of the regiment, depending on the scale of the battle they're used in.

According to Mollo's Uniforms of the American Revolution in Color, this regiment accounted for itself quite well at the battle of Yorktown, leading the storming party into the British fortifications.

This unit features a beautiful hand-painted flag and a very animated officer, which was painted with a very 'German' look to him, mustache and all! OK, I guess he looks very 'French' too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be interested to know who produced the figures you used for your French regiments. They look very "French" indeed, and I would like to use them for my French troops. (The results of my attemts up to now you can see at http//fg-zinnfiguren.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

I have meanwhile found out who they are: "Early Napoleonic Infantry" by Foundry.