Saturday, April 28, 2007

British and Hessian Generals

These British commanders were painted at the same time as the Americans. Figures are also Old Glory with the exception of the Hessian general, who I believe is Front Rank from their Seven Years War line. Originally I was going to paint the figure on the right as a French officer, but then I thought he'd make a great 'Gentleman' Johhny Burgoyne. Now that he's painted up I think he looks the part.

These figures are mounted for Volley & Bayonet (V&B) as are all my AWI figures. Each stand has a slot in the back edge to hold a roster tag or name tag for the unit or officer. V&B uses a roster system, and our club prefers the small unit tags to separate paper rosters. With these figures done, next on the painting table is another unit of British line infantry, probably the 33rd foot.

No comments: